Building a custom home means creating a home which matches your life style. Access our construction financing facility and bring your dream home to reality.
- For construction of single residential units.
- Facility will be availed in Kenya Shillings. Foreign currency earnings will be considered for qualification purposes.
- Financing up to 80% of priced bill of quantities. Bill of quantities will to be vetted by a CBA approved Quantity Surveyor.
- Competitive interest rates on reducing balance
- Loan tenure of up to 25Years subject to retirement age
- Arranged legal and valuation services (fees applicable)
- Locations financed will be within a County, Town and Municipality and also environs where CBA has a branch presence, subject to CBA’s discretion.
- Your Deposit/Equity contribution excluding cost of land, professionals’ fees (except the Quantity Surveyor (QS) fees) and other conveyance costs. Customer will inject own contribution into the project upfront, confirmed by Bank QS, before subsequent and phased drawdowns/disbursement of funds.
- Arrangement fees of loan amount advanced - 1% for KShs.
- Quantity Surveyor (QS) fees are negotiated between customer and QS but will be included as part of the loan and paid directly to the QS by the bank
- Legal fees
- Valuation fees
How to apply for a Home Construction Loan
- A duly filled and Signed Home Loan application and Insurance forms
- Copy of Title of Property free of encumbrances
- Approved Architectural Drawings
- Approved Structural Drawings
- Approved Bills of Quantities (From a CBA approved QS)
- Copy of Valid Kenyan Passport (Top inner cover, Bio Data and Photo pages)
- Evidence of current residential address (Driving license copy or a current utility bill)
- Copy of your Work Permit or Residential Permit
- 6 months most recent payslips/Paystubs
- 12 months most recent bank statements where salary/remuneration is paid into
- A Letter of introduction from employer providing you designation, remuneration, retirement age (where applicable), terms of employment (contract/permanent) and allowances (where applicable).
- Copy of your KRA Pin Certificate
NB: Identification and supporting documents must be Notarized by a registered notary or certified by your banker or certified by an authorised official of the Kenyan Embassy. The Notary information or stamps should be clear and legible.