Our CBA Deposit accounts are designed to offer maximum return on your investment. In addition they also offer you flexible investment periods and interest is paid upon maturity or at specific periods of the year. We offer you choice to invest in local and designated foreign currencies.
Two investment options:
The Call Deposit Account is ideal for the saver who wants to earn high interest over a short-term and still have funds to use as needed. With the Call Deposit you may invest for a minimum investment period of 48 hours (2 days) onwards. You may make partial withdrawals from your deposit account subject to a 24 hours notice. In addition, the principal, plus interest, is paid upon notice of withdrawal.
The Time Deposit Account offers a high-yield return and allows you to determine how long you want to invest. You may choose to invest for durations between 1-12 months with the option to roll the account over on the expiry of the period. What`s more, you get interest paid upon maturity or at designated intervals - at a market rate.
How much do I require to start?
The minimum deposit amount for local currency is Kshs. 100,000.00, and USD 10,000.00 or equivalent for foreign currency.
More about deposit accounts:
- The Deposit accounts are short to long-term investment vehicles.
- The interest rate is fixed and guaranteed for the term of the investment, so you don`t have to worry about declining interest rates.
- Interest payment options are flexible, allowing interest to be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annually or on maturity.
- You may use any of these deposit accounts as security against an overdraft or loan of up to 90% of the deposit in the currency of your deposit or 80% of your deposit for other currencies at very competitive interest rates
- CBA will automatically re-invest/ roll over your funds after the maturity date, unless you instruct us otherwise. Should you wish to change your investment period, just inform us before the date of maturity
- In addition you will receive a free advise slip in the mail upon maturity or on request