Tips on Investment
- Work on your life goals and be committed to investing in those goals.
- Have a financial plan that addresses how you expect to achieve your goals and have contingency plans.
- Know where your money goes by putting together a spending plan for your income/allowance.
- Build an emergency fund by having at least 3 to 6 months' worth of living expenses in an investment fund.
- Develop a disciplined investment process by having a set amount of money transferred into an investment account from your bank or paycheck.
- Consider investing in professionally managed mutual funds/unit trusts to get best returns.
- Make sure you understand the fund you choose to invest in.
- Ensure whatever you choose to invest in fits your overall goals and risk profile. So, if you are investing for retirement and have 25 years to go, you can afford to opt for riskier stocks and shares with greater long-term growth potential.
- Spread your investments. For a balanced portfolio, it's a good idea to invest in more than one asset class.
- Types of investments you can choose from in Kenya are bonds/debt securities; equities i.e. stocks and shares; mutual funds/unit trusts; fixed deposit instruments; real estate; business ventures.
Enquire about CBA's Unit Trust Fund and Deposit investment options and grow your future today! Visit the Be More Lounge and access your tailor made CBA investment option.