Tips on Money Management
- Pay your bills as they arrive so you don't forget them.
- Always review your Credit Card transactions, bank statements, phone bills, etc for unauthorised use.
- Avoid scholarship scams. Real scholarships don't charge fees and application information is available and free to everyone.
- Make a personal budget with what you have to help you to live within your means.
- Buy books cheaply and when you need them, compare prices online and in bookstores. Buy used books when you can.
- Find out from your parents what they will pay for and what you will be responsible for.
- If you run into financial trouble ask for help. call your parents. If the financial situation at home is not good, talk to your school. Most colleges have a fund to help students get out of difficult situations.
- Use your Be More Visa Classic Debit Card for purchases online and at merchant outlets as much as you can instead of withdrawing cash to avoid transaction charges.