The Call Deposit Account is ideal for the saver who wants to earn high interest over a short term and still have funds to use within a short period as needed. With the Call Deposit you may invest for a minimum period of 7 days onwards.
The Time Deposit Account offers a high-yield return and allows you to determine how long you want to invest. You may choose to invest for 1-12 months with the option to roll the account over after that time. With this option you get interest paid upon maturity or at designated intervals (at a market rate).
How much do I need to start?
The minimum deposit amount for the Call Deposit Account is KShs.10M or the equivalent in foreign currency.
The minimum deposit amount for the Fixed Deposit Account is KShs.500,000 or USD 10,000 or GBP 10,000 or Euro 10,000
More about the Deposit Accounts
- The interest rate is fixed and guaranteed for the term of the investment, so you don`t have to worry about declining interest rates
- Interest payment options are flexible, allowing interest to be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annually or upon maturity
- You may use any of these deposit accounts as security against a loan or overdraft
- CBA will automatically re-invest/roll over your funds after the maturity date, unless you instruct us otherwise
- Should you wish to change your investment period, just inform us before the date of maturity
- In addition you will receive a free advice slip in the mail upon maturity or on request